Monday, January 16, 2017

NEW YEARS DAY HERE.


This Image was taken on New Years Day 2017.  It shows me, my 2 Brothers, and my Sister.

I'm on the extreme right, so now you can see who is writing on this Blog.  Next is my Brother Roger who is about a year and a half older me  Roger is retired now, after working at Deka Batteries for over 30 yrs.   Next is Jamie. Jamie is still working for a living.  He works as a Maintenance Tech at a Custom Coating Plant here in Reading.  He also works another job, part-time at PepBoys Auto Store. He is very good with anything mechanical. .He's the youngster of all of us.  Jamie lives just down the street from me.  I almost can throw a stone and hit his house.  Then, is Carol who is 5 years older than me.  Carol has had a very rough Life in her past.  She was married to a US Marine who used to beat her.  She finally got sick of it, and left him.  She married another Marine later on, but he passed away on her at a fairly young age.  Her one Son, died from a Heart Attack when he was just a baby.  Was born with a bad heart problem.  Now, she lives alone not far from my Home.

On New Years Day, my Wife, always makes some Pork & Sauerkraut for the day's Dinner.  It is said that having this meal brings good luck for the rest of the year.  Well, I don't know about that one.  There is always more than enough to eat and we all walk or sit around after Dinner stuffed silly that we can hardly move.  The left-overs are always taken home by my Brothers and Sister, leaving just enough for us.  It usually lasts for a few day's, until my Wife and I finish it.  I'm sorry for the picture quality.  It was taken by the Wife with a Samaung Tab 3.

Thanks for stopping by.
Les

2 comments:

  1. It is so nice to have your family coming in for the holiday. I like the food thing and everyone probably can't wait for the next holiday. I am glad your sister is nearby. It is good to see your blog up. I like your header photo. My kind of place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice family photo!
    Your sister is lucky to have the support of three brothers; that sure helped her survive the tragedy of loosing her only son.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and viewing my Blog. Your comment is always appreciated on what I have to say. I hope that you enjoyed what I Post. I am very THANKFUL that I have so many Followers.

If you have noticed that I haven't commented on your Blog, it's because at times I just don't know what to say and not because I'm not watching.

Corker2 (Les)